Friday, July 16, 2010

To Miss Nettie Bee

The Bee family lived in Edinburgh, Scotland and sent and received some beautiful cards.  This card was sent to Miss Nettie Bee in 1918 from Jessie, who had been vacationing in Elie, Scotland.
Here's the back of the card:

Jessie's message reads:
Just home from Elie! What a lovely spot!
Was delighted to receive all the dear letters from home. It quite cheered me up. Glad to hear Miss D's wedding was such a success, but awfully sorry to hear about Stanley's sister. Annie and I are "playing the game." Spent two days at Leven last week. Up to J.D's  for tea on Friday. Had a lovely time. With love Jessie

3 comments:

  1. Lovely card. I had never heard of Elie but have now looked it up. Hardly any distance from Edinburgh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great name for a children's book, Miss Nettie Bee. And that puss looks just my beloved Midnight who passed away in March. Use to clutch my arm like that when I held her, too. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely image! I wonder what game they were playing!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails