Friday, February 3, 2012

From Charles to Sarah Craven

Charles the sailor is at it again. The traveling Romeo sends romantic cards to Sarah, but does she know that Clara sends him cards with many kisses on them? I guess this is a romantic card, although the lady looks more masculine than her suitor. For earlier correspondence between Charles and Sarah, click here.

Here's the back of the card. The message reads:

League Island
July 11, 1910
Dear Sarah
How is the weather in Lawrence. I got a postal from Clara and her address. I have been out for a sail this afternoon. It's fine sailing up the Delaware river, nice and cool. Wish you were with me
Some day I'll take you out for a sail. your loving friend C.W.W.

 So, he has mentioned Clara; is it to let her know she has competition?

5 comments:

  1. Hmmm, 'some day I'll take you out for a sail' could be interpreted few different ways...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some masculine girl that. I should think a transvestite?

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is a beautiful postcard!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The lady does look like a dude, somewhat like Tiny Tim. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i suppose it's not PC to say anything about the transgender person on the left!haha!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails